AromaTouch® Technique Q&A
What is the AromaTouch Technique?
- What is the Aromatouch Technique?
- The AromaTouch Technique is an essential oil application applied to the back and the feet to create a feeling of overall wellness.
- What oils are used in the AromaTouch Technique?
- How long does each AromaTouch Technique session take?
- Depending on the pace taken to complete each step, an AromaTouch usually takes 45 minutes to an hour to perform.
- There is always a little consultation before each session and I will ensure that you are awake enough to drive home afterwards so allow for 90 minutes.
- Do I need any special certification to perform the AromaTouch Technique?
- Anyone is capable of performing the AromaTouch Technique as a service for someone else. I am certified in the Technique and have been since July 2018.
- How can the AromaTouch Technique be performed on a pregnant woman?
- During pregnancy, women can have a hard time laying on their stomachs as they normally would when receiving the AromaTouch Technique. An alternative to laying on the stomach would be to choose a side to lay on. I will still be able to perform the technique properly with some slight adjustments in positioning. If laying on the side will not be comfortable enough, they can choose to sit in the reiki chair facing forward and exposing the back. Instead of working on the feet, I would perform the foot portion of the technique on the hands; however, I will always recommend consulting with their physician prior to any session.
- If someone is sensitive to an oil in the AromaTouch Technique, can the oil be substituted for another oil?
- Substituting an oil in the AromaTouch could cause an alteration in the aroma that is created when the eight oils are used. Instead, I will completely omit the oil that the recipient is sensitive to and continue with the AromaTouch as if I had still applied the oil.
- How often can a person receive the AromaTouch Technique?
- Each individual receiving the AromaTouch can have a different response to this technique. Since this is the case, it is suggested that an individual should only receive one AromaTouch per day.
- Should Fractionated Coconut Oil be used when performing the AromaTouch Technique? If so, how much?
- Fractionated Coconut Oil should only be applied to the skin during the AromaTouch Technique if I am seeing any irritation. It is at this point that I will apply 3-5 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil along the spine with the next oil step to help support the oils already on the skin, as well as the oils that will be added.
To find out more about AromaTouch and to book a relaxing session, please use the contact form or click on the button below to take straight there.
Gentle touch using Essential Oils